Version 4.2.7 （2019/11/26）
- Fixed a crash at startup (FileLoadException) due to 1) the stub for System.Runtime.dll not being updated, and 2) the rigid version binding policy that prevented the older version from working in its stead (which would've been fine in this case).
Version 4.2.6 （2019/11/22）
- New: WebP images are now supported due to bundling @null54's excellent WebPFileType plugin (v18.104.22.168)
- Fixed: Pasting images from Firefox's "Take a Screenshot" feature was resulting in swapped red and blue channels due to mishandling of DIB_V5 clipboard data using the BI_RGB value for bV5Compression (thanks @null54 for the fix!)
- Fixed crash at startup (for both app and installer) on Windows "N" editions due to missing mfplat.dll (Media Foundation Platform)
- Updated bundled DDSFileTypePlus plugin to v22.214.171.124
Version 4.2.5 （2019/10/01）
- Improved the input handling systems to use WM_POINTER, which enables glitch-free drawing when using a pen or stylus (e.g. Surface Pen, Wacom/Ugee tablet) (see here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113173-the-first-5mm-of-a-freehand-line-are-straight-when-using-a-tablet/ ). This will also be the basis for adding pressure sensitivity in a future release (v4.3).
- Added a "Native pointer input" setting if a "pointer" device is available (pen, tablet, touch screen). Disabling this will cause any pointer device to be emulated as a mouse, which may be more compatible but at the cost of smoothness. Pointer devices are listed in Settings -> Diagnostics.
- Removed the "Fluid mouse input" setting because the use of GetMouseMovePointsEx() has been removed (it's a very buggy and broken API). This finally fixes a number of weird issues related to erratic or "scribbly" drawing.
- Improved performance of Move Selected Pixels, Shapes, and Gradient tools when releasing the mouse button at the end of drag-and-drop gesture. Previously, anything rendered between the last mouse "move" and "up" events was re-rendered, resulting in the appearance of a delay/lag.
- Greatly improved performance of layer thumbnails when switching between images