Version 4.2.1 （2019/08/07）
- New: JPEG XR file type support (Windows 8.1+ required)
- Fixed: Holding Ctrl when dragging a selection with Move Selected Pixels will again leave a copy behind (but only with the mouse)
- Fixed crashes when saving DDS images
- Fixed VTF file type plugin. It was not working in 4.2 except for images that were an exact power-of-2 size on each dimension.
- Fixed: .BMP files can be opened even if they're not actually BMP images (they still need to be a valid WIC-supported file type such as PNG, JPEG, etc.)
- Fixed very bad performance when opening large images with embedded rotation metadata
- Fixed various crashes, such as when using File->New or Image->Resize, that sometimes happened if the previous update needed a reboot but either 1) it didn't tell you that, or 2) it did but you didn't reboot
Version 4.2 （2019/07/14）
- New: Support for loading and saving HEIC images (Windows 10 v1809+ and codec installation is required). Please note that the "Quality" slider when saving is limited to a value of 90 (out of 100) while Microsoft investigates and fixes a crash in their codec.
- New: Keyboard shortcuts for changing the current layer. You can see these in the Layers menu with the "Go to ..." commands. Alt+PgUp/PgDown will go to the layer above/below, and Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/PgDown will go to the top/bottom layer.
- Fixed: Optimized rendering engine to remove huge lag spikes (30+ seconds) when zooming or panning very large images (e.g. 32K x 32K pixels).
- Improved: BMP now supports saving in 32-bit (with alpha!) and 8-bit indexed.
- Improved: Added DIB and RLE file extensions to the BMP file type.